Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Estoy en Granada :)

I’M FINALLY HERE!!!!!  After a long 8 hour flight with the worst turbulence I have ever experienced, a 4 hour layover where everyone looked dead, a 1 hour flight to Granada then a bus ride to Granada where 95% of everyone was asleep…. We are here.  It rained pretty hard yesterday as we were getting in which was terrible trying to cram everyone + their luggage into the hotel area.  We’re staying a hotel/hostel here called Hostal Atenas, I’m sharing a room with Katie, Leslie and Carolyn.  The room is kind of small with basically just 4 beds and ALL of our luggage which pretty much monopolizes our room.  Yesterday was completely exhausting.  By the time we had gotten here we hadn’t eaten anything since 6 in the morning.  We were typical American tourists and went to dinner at 6 then came back here and went to bed.  Some people went out but I couldn’t even think about that!  I am glad I didn’t when we heard them get back at 5 am.. haha.  The 11 hours of sleep is definitely feeling good right about now!  Today we have our survival tour and then we are free to do whatever we want I think.  I just wish I would stop raining, that would be great! Anyway, I need to go get breakfast... I am starving beyond belief!!!  But overall, everything is going well and I'm loving the area! BYE!

1 comment:

  1. ah 4 hour layover sounds awful! i hate waiting. i would for sure take the sleep over going out after all that traveling too. hope it stops raining!

    -alake

    ReplyDelete